Prev: Re: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives) Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

[SG] Buildings & suppression

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:01:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [SG] Buildings & suppression

I was reading the SG2 book last night, mainly the beginning sections
that
I usually just skip because 'the interesting rules are all further back
in
the book' when I came across something quite interesting...

How exactly does suppression affect buildings? On, I think, page 18,
under
'Suppression to Vehicles & Buildings' the rules seem to say that the
only
affect of suppressing a building is to make it impossible for a unit to
exit the suppressed side of the building, or the two adjacent sides. In
common with vehicles, it seems to suggest that units in suppressed
buildings can still fire & move, just not out that suppressed side. Is
this the case? (Jon?)

If so, this makes buildings & urban combat a LOT more dangerous, as if
it
wasn't dangerous enough already.

If this is true, I'd like to suggest the following: Minor sucesses on
units in buildings only suppress that side of the structure; a Major
success puts the Suppression directly on the target squad as normal,
along
with the attendant casualties as usual. It makes squads holed up in
buildings more dangerous, but I can sort of see the logic of it -
there's
a LOT more cover in a solid building than in nearly anything else; so
it's
a sort of cover bonus, above the Hard Cover shifts the squad would
usually
get.

Comments? An [OFFICIAL] sort of ruling/interpretation, Jon?

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives) Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry