Prev: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives) Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Re: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:47:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> "Casquilho, Daniel" wrote:
> >	    I agree, but the idea of two people just dropping some minis
on a
> > table and playing without any form of points seems odd to many
people in my
> > area. 40k has ingrained into their heads points make balanced games.
I am
> > just working with the people I have :-)
>
> I have two words for you, brain, and washing. I  know a good
> deprogrammer that could help :) And afterwards you'll even be able to
> get them to do your laundry and wash you dishes. :)
>
> As for point systems, I like the idea that you can put so many points
> into an army and know how powerful it is but, and here's the big but,
> how correct are the points? Mostly they're pretty arbitrary, even in
FT
> where everything has a set value you always have the arguments that
the
> points are wrong. I'm a big fan of designing a fleet or army group as
> you would in real life (gasp) and then using that as a base. I get a
lot
> of complaints from the rest of my group here about my huge chain of
> command that I have for my SGII company but it's actually laid out as
> company so that it's all pregenerated and I just put platoons on the
> board.

Jaime, we only complain about your command levels when you insist on
running a company commander when you only have a slightly re-inforced
platoon on the table, man!

Just because a force is larger than a regulation platoon doesn't
automatically make it a company...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives) Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle