Prev: RE: [SG] Leader placement Next: re: RE: In praise of Cottage Industry

Re: Fighter mass

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:58:14 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighter mass

In message <005901c0b752$e5dde620$43c3893e@inty>
	  "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> Somebody else will reply, bit lets see if memory can get this right
(ie-no
> book handy).
Ok, I've got an FB2 here...

> All fighters mass 6, just the cost changes with the different types.
> Heavy fighters act if they have a level 1 sheild against PDS,other
fighters
> etc.
They also take half hits from scatterguns (and presumably interceptor
pods) Cost 30 per flight of 6.
> Interceptors gain a extra +1 in fighter combat, only dammage a ship on
a 6
> (?).
Actually, they cannot damage ships at all. Cost the same as standard
fighters.
> Fast fighters move 36 MU per turn (instead of 24 MU), still move 12 MU
in
> secondary movement.
Cost 24 per flight.
> Long range fighters gain extra endurance (ie-more secondary movement).
9 CEF, rather than 6, cost 24 per flight.
> Attack fighters are the opposit of interceptors.
Near enough, they _can_ attack other fighters, scoring 1 kill on a roll
of 6 (per fighter). Cost 24 per flight.
> Torpedo fighters carry a small anti-ship missile, and roll 1D6,
hitting the
> ship on a 4-6, each missile causes 1D6 dammage (1/2 armour, 1/2 hull,
no
> reroll?).
Well, FB2 changed this to 1 dice roll: 1-3 = miss, 4 = 4 DP, 5 = 5 DP,
and 6 = 6 DP. Cost 36 per flight.