Prev: Re: Primer for styrofoam Next: Re: Fighter mass

Re: [SG] Close Assault Questions

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:20:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Close Assault Questions

In message
<2A5C49585B46EC42BB99D3000F725D47074717@col1smx01.dscc.dla.mil>, "Be
ll, Brian K (Contractor)" writes:

> > One other thing that concerned me.	An elite squad with assault
> > shotguns closes with a green squad.  The elite squad rolls a d12,
> > the green squad gets a -2 die shift.  d6->d4->???.
>
> [Bri] I would suggest that even an open shift cannot push the die
> difference beyond d12 to d4.

I've picked up Piquet, which has a somewhat similar sliding dice
system.  It bottoms out at d4, but is open ended with d12 to d12+1,
d12+2, etc...  Your maximum value is 12, however.

An interesting unofficial variation I saw on a website was instead of
d12+1, make it d12 with a re-roll (which, if you use, you have to
keep; i.e., you get the last, not the highest).  d12+2 becomes up to
two re-rolls, etc...  If you wanted, you could even do d4-1 where the

Prev: Re: Primer for styrofoam Next: Re: Fighter mass