Prev: [SG] Leader placement Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?

RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:03:44 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

[Bri] I would suggest that if any unit makes it to the target of the
Close
Assault (CA), the defenders do NOT get final defensive fire. Also, to
keep
it simple, I would then roll the second combat movement for the unit
that
did not make it before any combat.

> OK, Ran fire, green squad makes confidence test and continues
> (they didn't, but I modified the die roll) and moves into
> contact.  3 squaddies remaining.
>
> Run combat, elite squad kills 3, loses 1.  Green squad loses
> 2, kills 1.
>
> squad of 8 (now 4) makes morale.  Now, the confidence roll
> for my remaining two squads, is the needed roll LV+3
> or does the elite squad do LV+1 and the green squad LV+2.

[Bri] Figure each squad seperatly for the morale test. So the elite
squad
would test at +1 and the green at +2

> Can I have half break and run while the other half stays
> and fights?

[Bri] Yes. You can have 1 squad break and run, while the other continues
the
CA.

> I noticed that armour has no affect on a close assault, true?

[Bri] Yes.

> One other thing that concerned me.  An elite squad with
> assault shotguns closes with a green squad.  The elite squad
> rolls a d12, the green squad gets a -2 die shift.  d6->d4->???.
> Can they fight back?

[Bri] I would suggest that even an open shift cannot push the die
difference
beyond d12 to d4.

> Roger Books
-----End Original Message-----

My comments above marked by [Bri]

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/

Prev: [SG] Leader placement Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?