Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?

Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@p...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:41:27 +0200
Subject: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> You're thinking of the big transport ship under attack by fighters on
> MT p.11, no? That's the same type of base which GW used for the "Space
> Fleet" capital ships. All plastic, but AFAIK they're long since out of
> production.
Oop and plastic? Ah well. It semed to look massive though, must be the
paintjob.

> Shawn M Mininger wrote:
> I suspect that Eli (who originally asked for metal bases) lives in
> Germany, however. If that's correct, then ordering trans-atlantic from
> GeoHex is rather expensive.
I live in Holland, and ordering metal from the US is expensive in
shipping.
Especially for something like bases which aren't that complicated to
make.

> GZG make metal posts for their standard plastic hex bases, though.
Much
> nearer, and cheaper :-/
But then you still have the small footprint. When i start doing capital
ships
I think I'll make a visit to the local hardware store.

Frits
--
Frits Kuijlman			   F.Kuijlman@{its,cs,twi}.tudelft.nl

Prev: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?