Prev: [Semi-OT] I give up! Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

re:Primer for styrofoam

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:49:01 -0500
Subject: re:Primer for styrofoam

>Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:36:49 -0500 (EST)
>From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
>Subject: Primer for styrofoam
>
>I'm making terrain again.  Anyone have a good primer for
>styrofoam that won't eat it?  If I find nothing better
>I'll use watered white glue from a spray bottle, several
>coats.  There has to be something better though.

Several people have mentioned using acrylics here.  It's more of a pain
have to brush on the primer, but it works fine.

I went out and bought a big can of a very cheapo brand of water-based
black
acrylic latex house paint, and use that for terrain priming.  Works
really
well, even if watered down quite substantially.  And a *lot* less
expensive
than spray cans...

Prev: [Semi-OT] I give up! Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry