Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:40:14 -0500
Subject: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:40:46 -0800, "Casquilho, Daniel"
<Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com> wrote:

>	Great, so even with your point about the commanders only being
>able to activate a squad once per activation taken into account, a
>squad could still fire three times in one turn. Very different then
>how we are playing it now. This will make a difference.

Yep, you'll find it plays a lot different. Only in large games will you
find
squads getting activated more than twice. (Technically speaking, they
are NOT
activated more than once, but that's sort of how everyone thinks about
it.)
Unlike FT, where a ship is activated once and firing on it is often less
productive than firing on an unactivated ship, in SG you often DO tend
target a squad that's already fired (and have to, all things being even,
due
to the rules for target selection). Choosing what to re-activate and
when to
use your command squad to do it is an important decision in SG2.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere? Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle