Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?

Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:42:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

> Well, there HAD been the discussion on allowing the smaller ships a
chance
> to fire before being torched, but my own feeling is that the total
> randomness of the cards makes up for it. I was just assuming some
might
> want a little better chance for the fodder. ;->=

I really like the cards idea, I don't like the smaller ships always fire
first idea simply because there seems no reason for it, except that
their
smaller.  Now, maybe if each ship had an initiative rating that was
based on
a combination of randomness and mass or thrust or something.  For
example,
roll initiative as usual, then add THRUST rating.  Ships fire in order
of
HIGHEST total rating to least.	The justification here is that the
higher
THRUST ships are more maneuverable, and thus would usually be in the
best
position to react thus fire earlier.

Of course the argument could go other ways to, I mean on bigger ships,
being
more stable in a fight, the crew is calmer (possibly) thus more focused
on
the fight, then say the crew of the corvette that's fighting to hold the
ship together and line up a shot at the same time.....

Like I said, lots of ways to look at it....

George

Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: [FT] Photos of stations and jumpgate anywhere?