Prev: RE: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice

Re: The Osa missile boat -- small strike units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:32:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The Osa missile boat -- small strike units

--- David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Suppose you build a unit off a small hull, maybe
> a corvette, with 1 FC, an SMR, a thrust 4 engine,
> and 1 hull box. Suppose further you build a lot
> of them and use them to conduct WWI destroyer
> torpedo attacks on an enemy battleline. Is that
> feasible? How many would you need relative to the

Yes it's feasible.  I have been known to drive people
up the wall with that strategy back before I finalized
on the doctrine I use today.

> number of ships? The ships would have an FTL drive
> so after firing their SMR I have in mind for them
> to warm up and jump out.

>From an in-game standpoint it's very hard to beat.
Consideration should you ever be in a campaign game:
These puppies are 100% tied to a fixed base.  They
have to be reloaded after every fight.	And if your
opponent is prepared for them (ADS systems and banzai
jammers like the Mu-class target drones I've mentioned
before) then he can absorb your strike and still keep
going--and level your base.  But as auxillary forces,
they are quite useful.

John

Prev: RE: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice Next: Re: (SG2)Question on Firing Twice