Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:04:54 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

On 27-Mar-01 at 13:57, Bif Smith (bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk) wrote:

> If you want to know about light carrier designs (escort sized), look
on the
> FTSR, there`s a few on there (one mine). My escorts/escort carriers
are
> used to support the battleline (usually heavy PDS ships), or freighter
> convoy protection (just like in WW1/2). In convoy protection, light
fighter
> carriers are very usefull. Of course, this means these ships are
sitting
> ducks for larger ships in convoy raiding duties. BUT, these ships
would
> have to be diverted from more improtant tasks to do this, which would
> justify building these in the first place.
>
> Does anybody know how to say sacrificial lamb?<G>.

I have a couple lighter carrier designs up on my page.	The one
based around a cruisers weaponry is hated by my opponents in
campaigns.  The lightest one is too high of a priority because
it is a carrier and too small to handle it.  In a campaign
it is better to not be attrited.  :)

Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts