Prev: RE: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: RE: Fleet Escorts

RE: re:Basing FT Miniatures

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:56:19 -0500
Subject: RE: re:Basing FT Miniatures

Karl said:
>Where I didn't have ready-made bases for my spaceships, I used a nail
and round tubing that just slips over the nail. Drive the nail
vertically through a flat ground plate.

I picked up some "simplex" nails at the hardware store, which are nails
through about a 1x1" square of what I assume is aluminum ribbon.
They're not absolutely flat on the bottom but close enough for my sloppy
standards, I put a heavy washer (a "fender" washer, roughly 0.25" ID and
1.25" OD) on the bottom for extra weight, then sprayed it flat black,
glazed it and painted clockface marks with an enamel-paint pen.

The only problems with this are a) the diameter of the nail is slightly
larger than the diameter of thehole so I had to drill it out--easy
enough; and b) the nail is pointed--if I'd found rivets or something
with a flat "point", that would be preferable.

Prev: RE: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: RE: Fleet Escorts