Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Fleet Escorts

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:44:55 EST
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:54:47 -0800 (PST) David Griffin
<carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> writes:
<snip>

>This, combined with the difficulty defending against
>salvo missiles and fighters led me to wonder if it
>was possible to create an escort sized vessel with
>the ability to actually protect the fleet from
>fighters and missiles and maybe stay alive themselves
>(and have a role on the battlefield).

The previously stated 'best' defense against fighters is close formation
and multiple PDS's (with ADFC where possible) but spacing seems to help
more versus the missiles (aided by the PDS's above) in my one
experience.
 The fighters were not really that much of a factor in play by the time
the scenario ended.  The theory I have heard is that 'avoiding' missiles
by unpredictable moves is best but that's not always possible or
desirable...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Fleet Escorts