Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:58:43 EST
Subject: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:19:57 -0600 Andy Cowell <andy@cowell.org> writes:
<snip>
>Heck yeah.  There are a lot more 25mm SF skirmish players than there
>are microarmor players in all eras.  Put something out to attract
>them, they like the rules, branch out to other GZG products.  DS2 has
>been out for 6+ years-- most of the people who are going to pick it up
>already have, you're just getting the occasional new player.  Put out
>DS3, all you sell is the rulebook, plus maybe a small increase in mini
>sales.  Put out FMASk, you sell the rulebook (sales would probably be
>similar), plus you might get a larger mini sales increase from new
>players, more new players to FMASk means crossover to the other games.

Nice logic.  It really upsets me to see reason destroy my irrational
desires. <grin>

I agree, it would open up new possibilities *but* 'if you print it, will
they come?' is a possibility, not a 'fer sure' thing.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [SG2] Questions Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry