Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Fleet Escorts

[OT] Canadians are COLD.... it goes with the Territory

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:48:22 -0500
Subject: [OT] Canadians are COLD.... it goes with the Territory

With weather about 15 degrees Celcius below seasonal norms in Ottawa,
this
is quite literally true.

Allan's comments on casualties reflect how we do things - even the
wounded
(if not abandoned for movement or fighting reasons) should be eligible
soak a bullet. Sometimes this kills a key figure you might want to
recover
for campaign purposes.

Maybe we're so cold because the temps up here make the corpses more like
popsicles.... we just stack em like cord wood then counterattack our
enemies
who often find they are frozen to the ground, their weapons actions
won't
operate due to the cold, or who end up fighting dressed up in so much
warm
weather kit that they look like one of those padded fake sumo wrestlers
(and
are just as effective).

It is an obscure and little known fact that every 2183 Canadian must
engage
in Polar Bear dips and accept intravenous ice infusions twice a year in
order to toughen them for arctic warfare.... The King has high standards
for
his forces.....

Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Fleet Escorts