Prev: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry) Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry

Customized Sa'Vasku

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:46:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Customized Sa'Vasku

I have a question for all you Full Thrusters.

The group that I play FT with loves to custom build
our own ships.	We put together a spreadsheet that
does all the calculations. The house rule is that any
ship made with our spreadsheet is fair (that way if
the spread sheet calculates something wrong...at least
it's consistantly wrong and no one benefits more than
anyone else.)  We do have certain other house
rules......like no mixing......humans can mix and
match all they want (essentially all the weapons
systems out of the first and second books).  Aliens
can only use thier alien systems.

This has caused a problem......the Sa'Vasku!!!!  If
you play the prebuilt (canned) Sa'Vasku ships, they
aren't soo bad.  The problem is when you build your
own.  They can quickly become unbeatable.  Example: If
each side takes 1000pts, my buddy usually takes
Sa'Vasku....makes one big ship......and game over!!!
He just builds them with a huge amount of power...no
shields.  Then has just has to sit accross the table
and blow us away at ranges we can't even dream of.  If
we make a run to get in close....guess what....he
changes range and blows us apart even faster!!!

Anyone else run into this problem?  Can anyone give me
some advice?

=====
Thank You,

Shawn M Mininger

Prev: [DS] Point System (was RE: In praise of Cottage Industry) Next: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry