Prev: Re: A couple of quick replies Next: RE: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

Re: 15mm vehicles?

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:57:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 15mm vehicles?

<yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> wrote:
>
> >- Roco Minitanks (1/87th HO scale) - I've got a trio of German Marder
IIIs
> >redone with hoverskirts. Slightly overscale for 15mm, but not hugely.

> Brian, how did you make the skirts? I've been converting mine to
anti-grav, by
> whipping off the treds and covering over the "gaps" in styrene. What
did you
> use to make skirts?

Air drying clay, actually. I rolled long snakes of it, shoved it into
the
areas I wanted the skirts, smoothed the outer face, then let it dry in
place. After it's dry it falls out, so just superglue the pieces back in
and paint them.

Check your local craft store for the stuff - I've used it in a bunch of
scratchbuilding & conversion projects, where regular modelling putty
wouldn't work.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: A couple of quick replies Next: RE: WotW #5 AFHAWKS