Prev: Alien Infantry Next: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

Re: 15mm vehicles?

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:41:10 EST
Subject: Re: 15mm vehicles?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:24:23 -0800 (PST) Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca> writes:
>On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Roger Books wrote:
>
>> So what is being used for 15mm vehicles, I really like this
>> scale for my troops, but want to be able to throw in the
>> occasional tank, apc, or civilian craft.
>
>The main sources of 15mm vehicles in our group are, in no particular
>order:
>
>- Roco Minitanks (1/87th HO scale) - I've got a trio of German Marder
>IIIs
>redone with hoverskirts. Slightly overscale for 15mm, but not hugely.

Arrgh, I just sold all that stuff off!

>- plastic kits - usually 1/72nd scale; the basic Airfix/etc ones,
>sometimes 'SFed' into grav or hover vehicles. I also made a VTOL from
>1/144 scale aircraft kits - it's technically undersized, but it's an
>aircraft so it doesn't matter much. For kits and the Roco stuff, get
>vehicles you aren't going to recognize instantly - for Canada, that
>means
>European stuff, mostly.

This begins to sound like that website that argues 1/48th vehicles fit
best visually with 25mm scale...

>- DP9's Heavy Gear line - the new walkers make great size 1 infantry
>walkers; we run a LOT of these damn things.

Oh, now that's a nice idea.  Maybe I can adapt the idea for my 'Mice in
Space' under Starguard rules.

>- kid's toy trucks/cars - I've got a couple of trucks that I've
>repainted,
>and some of the more outlandish vehicles could make really cool SF
>cars.
>One of these days I'm going to spend a couple of hours in a good toy
>store...

Remeber if you have a wife and kids, that you have to spend over 50% of
the money on the kids' stuff!  Looks suspicious otherwise.  <grin>

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Alien Infantry Next: Re: [sg] Starting Forces