Prev: RE: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures Next: RE: FMA Skirmish Rules

Re: SG2 starter forces

From: Henrix <henrix@p...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:26:34 +0100
Subject: Re: SG2 starter forces

Tom Barclay wrote:
>==> Depends on composition. An 8 man squad with 6xAR/GL + 2 SAW rolls
>d12+d10+d10 + Q which is a good powerful combo. 2 x 4 man squads roll
>Q+d10+d10 each -- still not too shabby - quite likely to cause
casualties
>out to the third or fourth range band -- also no wasted FP.
and:
>==> Really? If I lose my saw, I'm using Q+d10.

I was referring to the two different squads proposed by Brian Bell, not
other squad compositions ;-)
I understood the situation to be that he had these figures and was
wondering how to use them best. I should have made that clearer.

I agree completely that eight man squads often are too cumbersome, and
too
easy to suppress. (We do use the (yours?) cumulative losses rules, which

means they are a little more worth while, but still.)

I am generally in the position that I construct scenarios and GM them,
therefore I generally do not try to min/max the troop composition
(rather
the reverse, to my friends' chagrin ;-).

>==> Both methods have advantages. My ESU will fight in big squads --
due to
>poorer command ability and LCD troops. My Pzgd fight in 4 man fireteams
(2
>make up a squad). This reflects superior articulation - a product of
>training and manouvre experience.

Hmm, I see what you mean. A higher quality makes up for the lower FP. I
think I'll try that the next time we play, as we're currently having
panzergrenadiers fighting low-quality militia (separatists on Neues
Helvetica, ultra-conservatives of Swiss extraction ;-)

---

Prev: RE: GZG 6mm, 15mm, spaceships, 25mm figures Next: RE: FMA Skirmish Rules