Prev: Re: [OT] Paper Starships Next: Re: How does a UN force operate?

Re: [sg] Starting Forces

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 20 Mar 2001 13:41:03 -0800
Subject: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

On Tue, 20 March 2001, "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

> I am thinking of getting into Stargrunt. What would be a good force
mix to
> purchase (infantry (reg & PA), not vehicles) to get started?

I found for a good starting selection you wanted at least a platoon. I
went for three squads of 8 figures and a command squad of 4 as a
starting unit. Each squad had a SAW, a support weapon (GMS/P or plasma
gun), a leader, and 5 troopers. The command squad had a SAW, a
commander, and two others, but the SAW isn't really needed in the
command group.

This produced a nice force of about 30 troops. Field one of these per
side and you could have a 3 to 4 hour long scenario. Of course, I also
had APCs for each squad.

For PA, I prefer not to have more than about one squad per platoon, and
my PA squads are usually smaller than a regular squad (say 6 figures).

> I was thinking:
> 18 Rifle
>  3 SAW
>  3 Hvy Support Weapon (HSW) such as PPG or GMS/P
> 12 PA

Not bad, but you're probably missing a command squad. If you are picking
up the 15mm packs from Jon, I'd go for 4 infantry packs and one PA
instead of what looks like 3 infantry packs and 2 PA.

This is, of course, assuming you just want a starter set.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Paper Starships Next: Re: How does a UN force operate?