Prev: Re: Legions of Steel floorplans Next: Campaign Rules

Re: [SG] 15mm group composition

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:24:28 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] 15mm group composition

In message
<E50E940B390AD31192BB0008C7A4E3F203AB0E48@1crp234.corp.disney.com>,
"Casquilho, Daniel" writes:
> [...]

The Barrett scale is a less subjective way to rate miniatures size,
with terms like 25mm becoming a very vague definition anymore.	From
the Courier magazine, which uses it in their figure reviews:

"The Courier uses the Tobey Barrett Measurements System (BM) to
simplify the comparison of figure sizes one to another. Briefly the
number is the height in Millimeters from the bottom of the figure's
foot (top of the base) to it's eye. The letter refers to the "heft" of
the figure: L = Light; M = Medium;; and H = Heavy. H will fit well
with other H and somewhat with M but not at all with L even in the
same scale. thus a 27 M is a larger 25mm figure of Medium Heft."

Note that the heft portion of the scale is still subjective, but
overall the Barrett scale does a pretty decent job of classifying

Prev: Re: Legions of Steel floorplans Next: Campaign Rules