Prev: Re: [OT] Irregular Miniatures Contact Next: RE: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns

RE: Full Thrust FB2

From: "YOY"<raphou@l...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:24:51 +0000
Subject: RE: Full Thrust FB2

> > > 7- With vector wovment rules, Kra'vak are not as
> > > efficient as ion the std rules with their anti-g
> > > propulsion. The only advantage they have, this time,
is
> > > that they are able to use all their thrust rating
for
> > > trnslating (the humans & Phalons only can move 1"
> > > starboard or port). Is it the only difference?
> > >
> > [Bri] Yes. Since KV and Sa'Vasku can use MD in a
direction they do not face,
> > they can always face where they expect the target to
be. Human and Phalons
> > must turn the direction they wish to thrust. This may
put thier aft to the
> > ship they wanted to target. Granted. It is not as big
an advantage as in
> > cinematic, but still an advanatage.
>
> There is another advantage to this.
>
> Take the SM radius of 4"
>
> A human ship with thrust 5 (for sake of argument), had
only 6 options to
> get out of the target radius.  [The SM is positioned at
the point he will
> be if he uses no thrust that turn]
> Those options are Full Accel (puts him 5" away), Full
Decel (same)
> Slide Port or Starboard and Accel/Decel by 4 ( 4
different options, all
)

> These 6 options can be easily covered by another 2 SM's
carefully placed.

> A Kravak ship has more options, being able to use their
full thrust for
> sideways thrust gives them the same options again, but
in sideways
> directions.
>
> Thus more SM are needed to cover the possible positions
of a Kravak ship.

> If your thrust is less than 5 you'll be needing banzai
jammers anyway ;)

> It's only a marginal advantage, but Kravak may be able
to spend less
> points on banzai jammers, and more elsewhere - thus
getting more bang for
> their ship construction credit ;)
>
> --
> Colin P (colinp@imhotep.org.uk)

I agree but in FB2, it's written, just before the Kra'vak,
that humans can only move port, starboard, and backward
with 1". So it's another difference.
And you're right qith the PB and SM, 4" is already easy,
so 6" is too easy.
Thanks
YOY

Jusqu'à 60 heures gratuites
pour toute souscription à l'un des
nouveaux Forfaits Liberty Surf
http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3

Prev: Re: [OT] Irregular Miniatures Contact Next: RE: [FT] WotW #4: Railguns