Prev: RE: [Computer?] File format for DSII Next: Re: [OT] barbarians

RE: Destroyers

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:46:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Destroyers

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> >What are people's opinions? Do you build a class of
> fleet destroyers optimised as escorts with ADFCs and a
> heavy point defence battery and a separate class of
> DDs optimised for attack - with heavier beam or
> missile armament whose main defence from missiles or
> fighters is speed.
>
> I'd build a DD mass about 34 or so, give it the option for an ADFC+PDS
> package or an attack package.  IIRC my DDs have 9 mass available for
weapons
> payload, so ADFC version might have 5PDS + 1ADFC + 1B2 (3 arc) for
knocking
> down corvettes.  Antiship version might have 1SMR-ER + 1 B3 (1arc) or
2 B2
> (3arc); or 2B2 (3arc) + 1 B1 + 4 submunition packs; or 2B2 (3arc) +
1FCS + 2
> needles (or Heavy Needle from last week's WotW); or plenty of other
variants.

I'd give them a lot of Class-1 beams and PDS, with 1 or 2 ADFC. (5
class-1, 2
PDS, 1 ADFC for example). The beams will work against fighters and
missiles and
the PDS will back them up. This follows both the classic FT paradigm
(class-1s
on DDs, class-2s on CA, etc.) and the WW2 paradigm (5" are class-1, 8"
are
class-2, etc.)

Prev: RE: [Computer?] File format for DSII Next: Re: [OT] barbarians