Prev: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review (Warning! May contain spoilers) Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review

[OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:11:39 -0500
Subject: [OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians

1) Trailers.
Grav trailer: why? As you pointed out in our offline discussion of
appropriate engineering assets, having a variety of trailers you can
attach
just makes sense. You can preposition certain things in place and thus
allow
yourself multi-role capability without having multiple primary vehicles.
Maybe the AG unit (or GEV) unit in the trailer is powered by some sort
of
electrical PTO from the main vehicle (hence they don't actually need a
powerplant or batteries). But I can see building a grav trailer if the
rest
of my force is grav (just for equal mobility). I can also see building a
Grav CEV. Something tells me a grav blade would be excellent at hacking
down
trees and removing obstructions...

2) John A.
Good to have you back, Captain Controversy. :-)
So I take it if I run some FSE vs. NSL SG at the next ECC, you'll be
joining
the NSL? :)
We'll resume our offline engineering thread shortly.... your advice was
good. I'm still struggling with some of the sticking points (how to get
plow/clearance vehicle using GEV....) and finding minis - till I cast my
own
- will be a pain. I got sidelined by work for ECC, but I'll be in touch
within the next couple of weeks.

3) Barbarians
- There was a place called Stalingrad
- Germans were there
- Russians were there
- There were snipers
- There was propaganda
- Anything else is highly speculative
- How did a school commandant get to be "the best sniper"?
- How does a Colonel keep up his sniper abilities?
(Most good snipers were NCOs....)
- Where'd Ed Harris' character get some of the awards he is wearing if
he
was a school commandant?
(Was he a great WW1 sniper?)

And to comment on something said by Chris:
How about "Boy meets Girl. Boy meets Vodka. Boy likes Vodka more than
Girl."?

Prev: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review (Warning! May contain spoilers) Next: Re: [OT] "Enemy At The Gates" Review