Prev: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o) Next: FT-Technology in the FT world

Re: Checking something again

From: Henrix <henrix@p...>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:16:14 +0100
Subject: Re: Checking something again

Eli wrote:
>As I am never able to attend any of the GZG events I was wondering if
any
>of you who did make it the ECC might have glimsed any of the ESU heavy
>infantry minis.  If so, can I possibly get a review?

While I was not at the ECC, Sweden being where it is, I recently ordered
couple just to get a look at them.

I ordered an ordinary trooper (SGE-52 ESU Heavy Infantry Trooper,
standing
with assult rifle), and was a bit surprised that it was not as "heavy"
as I
had envisioned, in fact it is not heavier than the old, naval,	ESU
troopers. The style is totally different, though. The armour he wears is

some sort of soft padded jacket and a helmet, which unfortunately looks
bit skewed. He carries a lot of pouches and stuff and looks rather
rough,
like he's been out in the woods for a while.

I also had to get a look at one of the politicals (SGE-67 ESU Political
Officer in peaked cap, with machine pistol). He is wearing jodhpurs, a
ridged sweater, a very large peaked cap and an armband. The machine
pistol
is a bit of a disappointment, as it is not that well detailed and looks
as
if it had been retrofitted to the figure (in fact the fingers are
missing
from part of the hand holding it).

All in all, they are very nice. I am certainly going to get more (to
expand
my Denizen ESU force).
The minis are sligthly larger than the older GZG minis, but not much.
The poses are very good, the political officer is obvioously staring
down
some privates with his chest pushed a bit forward, I suppose he did not
get
his share of the vodka, or something.
The faces and details are good. A bit rough, perhaps, but good..

---

Prev: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o) Next: FT-Technology in the FT world