Prev: Re: [OT] UNSC Next: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

Re: Re:[OT]Governments was: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant), etc etc etc...

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 16 Mar 2001 12:47 GMT
Subject: Re: Re:[OT]Governments was: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant), etc etc etc...

>Absender: bob_eldridge@mindspring.com
> > Such rows as the recent troubled US presidential election are a
> > case in point. You may or may not like the result, but having
> > Gore and Bush fight it out in the courtrooms is certainly
> > preferable to having Democrats and Republicans fight it out in
> > the streets with automatic rifles.

> Oh I don't know about that. Maybe they'd wipe each other out, and
> there would be an end to two bad things at once<G>.

That may be nice as a daydream, but people living in such places as
Somalia or Afghanistan will tell you it's not going to happen. Either
one
side will win or the fighting will go on forever, with more bystanders
than warriors killed or some third party will pick up the pieces, and
that
third party will be even worse.

If I have to choose between lawyers and gunslingers, give me lawyers
any time.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [OT] UNSC Next: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions