Prev: RE: Mice in Space figures possibility Next: Re: Aircraft Vs Dreadnoughts (Which is what the topic mutated into :o)

RE: [FT] UNSC

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:59:26 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT] UNSC

> I suspect that the UN in Tuffleyverse is still
> petitioning the NAC for the back dues owed by
> the former-USA.

LOL!

	Although I am unsure I agree with either side all of the way,
I have always thought of the UNSC as having grown powerful more from
the big four attempting to trump each other rather then the UNSC being
held back by the four.

	I also liked the comment Laiserlight made about the exchange of
"dues" for contracts. He said "...they [UN] have a chance to build
standing military forces then contributor nation A will "forget to pay"
until they get the tank contract, nation B will hold out until they get
the fighter contract, and so forth." I think we could take it even
further with the UN saying to member nation A, "we will wave your
dues this year for X number of weapon system Z.."

	Just a thought...