Prev: Re: non-painting record was: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2 Next: Re: non-painting record was: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

RE: The GZG Digest V2 #378

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:03:12 -0000
Subject: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #378

> Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:02:26 +0100 (CET)
> From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl>
> Subject: NAC figures with backpacks

> Hi there,
>
> I saw that there is already one NAC figure with full
> backpack etc. Is
> there any indication, yet, when this will be expanded upon?
>
> Also, I noticed a scout rider, and 'skimmer' miniatures.
> What is the scout
> riding, and what is a skimmer? Any photos of these mini's,
> anywhere on the
> net?
>
> Someone mentioned the HEavy Gear strider miniatures; what
> size are the
> current ones? I like the look of the Mamba (I think)
> striders, but have no
> idea of scale. Am I correct in understanding older,
> currently unavailable,
> ones were larger?

The original RAFM Heavy Gear minatures were HO scale
The new made in house by DP9 minatures are 1/144 [In Theory again]

A Mamba [The Southern Republics Heavy Trooper Gear] is about 5 m tall
and thus is a bit over 2 inchs in the old scale and about the same
size as a GW spacemarine in the new.

A picture of a Black Mamba is at
http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-218.gif

The current scale Mammoth [Norther Strider] is about 2 inches high and
has just about enough space to put a single 25mm crew man lying down
in the cockpit area.

There is a Mammoth at http://www.dp9.com/Products/covers/dp9-209.gif
And a Naga [Sothern Strider] at
http://www.dp9.com/Products/DP9-210.HTM
and an artillery support Naga at
http://www.dp9.com/Products/covers/dp9-214.gif

The Gear Kreig minatures are in 15mm

There is a Loki at http://www.dp9.com/Products/Covers/DP9-604.gif

Adam

Prev: Re: non-painting record was: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2 Next: Re: non-painting record was: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2