Prev: Re: NAC figures with backpacks Next: RE: [FT] UNSC

Re: [FT] UNSC

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:03:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC

> >with your "neutral third party" statement.  Besides, the UNSC no
> >longer rotates
> >personnel from the member states following the defection of the limey
> >who stole
> >the torpedo schematics, but instead recruits people who will be loyal
> >only to
> >and serve only the UNSC.

Sounds very idealistic.

> That's the unrealized dream on every piece of any countries
Intelligence
> Community members.  And I repeat the unrealized part.  Ask the FBI...

...Too idealistic.

There has to be a reason to be loyal.  Brian Bell's response to this
provides a very nice reason for loyalty.  (Correct me if I missed the
point
Brian) In his version, those displaced by being conquered, or due to
civil
war, etc, joined the UN because basically, they had no where else to go,
and
putting their lot in with them was better than the alternative.  In
effect
the UN becomes a nation....

Prev: Re: NAC figures with backpacks Next: RE: [FT] UNSC