Prev: SG Close Assaults revisited... Next: Re: Starship Interiors

re: Heavy Gear Mammoth Strider

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:00:53 -0500
Subject: re: Heavy Gear Mammoth Strider

Hi Eli,

>Is there anyone out there who has one of the HG Mammoth striders and
some
25mm SG minis?	The reason I ask is I was wondering, if scaled to 25mm,
would it be possible for a single crewman to fit in the cockpit?  I know
that they are scaled for a twin-seat cockpit and was thinkign they would
work well with my PAs for heavy combat walkers.

A couple of guys in our group own the old-scale HG Mammoth and have
built
them for use in SG.  Works just fine, and seems reasonable in scale
terms.
Other than that, those miniatures are really big and heavy, so don't
drop
them on your other figures or terrain... ;-)

We use the regular size HG figures as size 1 combat walkers.

Tom Barclay has a website up with some addional rule suggestions for
dealing with the way HG miniatures carry weapons.  They seem to violate
the
capacity rules in Stargrunt, and he and I have some suggestions as to
how
you can justify having more stuff in better mounts (ie not in turrets
but
on exposed arms) than the normal SG vehicle rules would allow.
Basically,
we don't add in the extra capacity cost of turreted weapons, but make
the
weapons vulnerable to hits because they are exposed, and there are
possibilities for damage to the vehicle itself from these sorts of hits.

Anyway, if you're interested, check it out at:

http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/InfWalkersWpns.htm

and a bit more at

http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/TechToolbox.htm

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca

Prev: SG Close Assaults revisited... Next: Re: Starship Interiors