Prev: Starship Interiors Next: SG Close Assaults revisited...

Re: Thinking of aspects of PA in urban fighting [FMAS] [General]

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:11:59 -0800
Subject: Re: Thinking of aspects of PA in urban fighting [FMAS] [General]

Los said:
> I also sense people tend to assume building materials will continue
to be
> flimsy while everything else in the Universe seems to go up in
stength.
> Doesn't jive in all cases IMO.

No, but there's no point in overengineering.  We could easily make
ladders that will support 1000 pounds, for example, but they'd weigh
more and cost more.  100 years in the future, we'll probably still
have ladders rated for 300 pounds (or maybe we'll have learned the
metric system by then--anything is possible) but they'll be light
enough to easily carry with one hand.

Prev: Starship Interiors Next: SG Close Assaults revisited...