Prev: Re: Alien PA Next: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts

[FT] UNSC

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:47:09 -0500
Subject: [FT] UNSC

> very strict on this issue, and I always got the impression that the
UNSC
was
> the most advanced and the most powerful human space navy, certainly
more

I've often wondered about this.  If the UNSC is formed up from the
member
nations, then it seems that its technology would be limited to what the
member nations donated.  IN fact, considering its funding, personnel,
logistics etc come from member nations, I would have thought the UNSC to
be
actually weaker than the member navies, especially considering that the
member nations are at war, and have thus a huge build-up.  The UNSC, at
least as I understood it, is a defensive force, charged with policing
the
core-worlds.  I imagined that the UNSC's strength was actually in its
ability to tip the balance, considering its third-party neutral status.
No
one seriously challenges the UNSC because they can't afford to lose
ships in
a battle against them, nor can they afford the sanctions that would be
imposed.

George

Prev: Re: Alien PA Next: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts