Prev: Re: [SG] Close assault interpretation questions Next: Starship Basing Alternatives

Re: Re:Nukes

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:21:53 GMT
Subject: Re: Re:Nukes

In message <000c01c0ab58$9ff243a0$f2c0893e@inty>
	  "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip a lot]
> BIF
>  "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
>  strong in arms, thick in head"
>
> PS-The bit about nukes getting smaller, limiting the area of effect,
and the
> increased precision of the delivery systems, was meant as a argument
to the
> dirt huggers on the list as to why nukes could (I didn`t say were) be
used.
> Especially by KV, who don`t have the human morrals against them.

Actually, the KV probably use Kinetic Energy weapons for bombardment -
more precision, less mess (unless they chuck a big one like a 'dino
killer' - which is unlikely - they probably want habitable planets
intact as much as humans do).
Or, even better, the glory of a ground assault :-)

Frankly, if anyone is likely to start lobbing planet-killers, its the
Sa'vas'ku (stir, stir) :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: [SG] Close assault interpretation questions Next: Starship Basing Alternatives