Prev: Re: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: RE: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2

Another possible way of looking at it was [ Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts ]

From: John-Martin Lotz <jmlotzn1@p...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:02:12 -0800
Subject: Another possible way of looking at it was [ Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts ]

Hmmm,

When I consider FT type space combat the analogy that I use is "Age of
Sail"
Whaile admittedly lower tech then other periods concidered, the tactical
and
stategic ethos is much closer, in my opinion.

Actually, pre-dreadnaught iron clad steam ships might even be a better
analogy, except I don't know of any fleet actions using them, unless the
the
battle in the Straights of Tsushina where Admiral Togo and the Japanese
fleet destroyed the Russian fleet in the Russo-Japanese war on 1905 was
faught with predreadnaughts mixed caliber mixed sized fleets or with
dreadnaught oriented fleets.

John-Martin Lotz

jmlotzn1nospam@pacbell.net

Prev: Re: [FT] Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: RE: 2300 AD --> DS2/SG2