Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: JesterCon 2001 a brief report

FT-Banzai jammers

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:42:32 -0000
Subject: FT-Banzai jammers

I was thinking of the banzai jammers as stated by Oerjan as being a
useful
ships to use if your enemy is coming in with SML`s, using them to trick
them
to go after the banzai`s and not your ship. I had a thought about a
different kind of jammer, one that does away with FTL and is launched
from a
internal hanger bay instead. If we assume that the decoy is mass 2,
making
the launch bay mass 3, would it be cost effective to use mass 3 hyper
capable decoys, or the mass 2 internally launched decoys? I`m asking
because
the mass 2 decoys could have other uses as sensor recon platforms
depending
on the sensor rules you are using (and with a thrust of 14, they would
be
able to quickly scout ahead of your force). Just a idea that probably
would
work better if we had sensor/ecm rules that we could all agree on/play
with
that were up to date.

 BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-On the 9th, the original message for the DD/BB thred was sent. My
server
didn`t receave it. Can some one quickly count haw many mails there was
on
that day, so I can compair it to how many I receaved?

Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: JesterCon 2001 a brief report