Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: RE: [SG, DS] Troops on Bikes???

Re: [SG, DS] Troops on Bikes???

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 21:24:09 EST
Subject: Re: [SG, DS] Troops on Bikes???

Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com writes:

>     I went to check out the pictures Adrian talked about and ran into
> some other interesting pictures of Special Troops on Dirt Bikes. Here
is the

Bikes have been very important. The Japanese used them to move rapidly
in
Malay in 1941. Both French and German units used bicycles for some recon

units. And the Viet Cong and NVA moved tons and tons of materiale down
the Ho
Chi Minh trail on bicycles. They aren't jsut for riding. You can strap
tweo
or three hundred pounds of gear on a bicycle and then walk the bike for
miles
and miles, days and days. For a low tech army, they can be a godsend.

Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: RE: [SG, DS] Troops on Bikes???