Prev: Re: Quick question Next: Re: FW: London Times Article

Re: FW: London Times Article

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:46:49 -0600
Subject: Re: FW: London Times Article

***
"Wonky" is a perfectly acceptable word, meaning bent, distorted or not
straight (in the geometric sense rather than the sexual-preference
one...)!
What does it mean to you (ex) colonials, anyway?  ;-)
***

Absolutely nothing outside of a bit of colo(u)rful British argot. My
shock
was seeing what I thought was, well, a vulgar term, in the commonality
sense, not the sexual-preference one.

Ex-colonials have always heard the Times was rather staid. Sort of like
BBC
English including 'wonky', which I've never heard.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Quick question Next: Re: FW: London Times Article