Prev: Re: GZG ECC IV - The Quote Board Next: Re: FT-WotW (Railguns)

RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:34:44 -0500
Subject: RE: (DS, SG) A Sort of Halfway idea

[snip]

> One task for integrating DS2 vehicle rules to SG2 would be sorting out
> the ranges for vehicle fire. Are vehicle weapon ranges affected by
troop
> quality as much as infantry ? What would be a sensible scaling factor
> apply (I don't have my copies of either rule set to hand and can't
> remember what the respective ground scales are) ?

[Bri] DS2 is roughly 10x SG ground scale. DS2 ground scale is 1":100m
(DS p.
4). SG ground scale is 1":10m (SG p.4).

> The second task would be converting the vehicle firing rules to
'proper'
> FMA standard, probably doing away with the chit system in favour of
> dice-based resolution. I guess a starting point would be the
> experimental DS2 dice-based firing table that JonT posted to the list
> long time ago - I've lost my copy thanks to a change of e-mail system,
> so I'll have to dig through the archives unless someone has a copy
they
> can send me.

[Bri] Feel free to use my FMA Enhancement for DS2. It is at
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/techlib/ds2fma.html

[snip]

> -----------------------------
> Tony Francis
> Senior Software Engineer
> Kuju Entertainment
-----End Original Message-----

My comments above marked by [Bri]

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/
---

Prev: Re: GZG ECC IV - The Quote Board Next: Re: FT-WotW (Railguns)