Next: Re: GZGECC Fun Report

From: "Robert B Makowsky"<rmako@c...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:09:21 GMT

Good comments.	Maybe this is a place to throw some tech and come up
with an
off board setup on computer that would easily allow transfer to the
board when
units are in LOS.  Each team could give thier orders and then see the
results.

Bob

>"Bulletproof" Rick Rutherford replied:
>>That's a good question, but it's only certain death if you know where
the

>other guys are... we would have to play a double-blind game to keep the
>players from having too much information, and if you don't know what's
in
>the next room, then you have to take precautions (like tossing in one
of
>your own grenades) before you go in.
>>Unfortunately, double-blind games are slower, because players are much
>more careful about running down a hallway if they have to stop and
check
>out every single door.
>
>I think the God's-Eye View was a problem--I was trying only to respond
to what
I could have seen, but I know a couple of guys made the assumption that
their
sensors could tell them what was out the door, down the hall, through
the room
and down another hall.	Which is okay as long as everyone's playing the
same
way.

>I think next time I'd try a semi-blind system, in which only one man
per fire
team is on the board, and the opposing players don't know whether the
rest of
the team is clustered around or 10 meters away.  When the enemy got LOS,
the
GM would place the figures based on common sense and the players'
standing instructions
("we're right behind" or "we're trailing at 5 meter intervals" or
whatever).
 You might also have a couple of dummies--call them sensor drones or
something.
 And everyone within X
>meters knows where moving Power Armor is, everyone hears gunfire and
grenades,
etc.

>Mail2Web - Check your email from the web at
>http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Next: Re: GZGECC Fun Report