Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV AAR's

From: "Robert B Makowsky"<rmako@c...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:08:45 GMT

Lots of good stuff snipped.

I truly enjoyed this game.  A good tight complex, dangerous power armor
and
characters from the GZG list.  What could be better.

I think Rick was surprised at Pvt K'rrt Wassermans first move...Even
though
the hall had been cleared by about 7 troops he used one action to move
in to
the first corner he saw and the second to hunker down into overwatch.
This
is typical of Pvt Wasserman and I was glad that my teamates allowed me
to "role
play" my troops a bit.	As I see it, if I die but in character I have
won.
If I win but have to act gamey to do it then it is not as much a
victory.

I did not like the random activations.	I think Tom is right, it would
have
slowed the game to allow us to discuss.  Perhaps a 20 sec rule, and your
team
leader elects who to move.  If he cannot decide then you loose an
activation
for that round.  The problem with random activations was manifest in the
upper
corner where we were trading sporadic grenades.  Initiative there
allowed us
to move troops forward and barrage them with grenades while poor picking
kept
them from getting thier troops split up.  (Not complaining mind, just
wanting
more control).

Again, great time and thanks for all the hard work.  On the ride back
Los and
I were having a major palaver about next year and some missions etc.

Bob Makowsky

>9) Los: Great Complex man! Next year... bigger!  (Or maybe several
small
>ones (buildings) linked by open spaces... real city fighting....)
>10) All of the participants were good sports. Thank you gentlemen. It
was a

>pleasure to play with you all.

Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV AAR's