Prev: ECC ARR Next: Re: ECC IV: The $5 Bounty

ECC IV: The $5 Bounty

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:45:03 -0500
Subject: ECC IV: The $5 Bounty

ECC IV: The $5 Bounty

In another amazing and delightful convention, a brief
number of highlights from Mr. Davis' perspective.

1. Ord Sarno Pod Racing

Davo Veedo, a wirey reptile from Planet Guilder managed
to win the pole position to start the race.  This fact alone
had the rest of the pack gunning for him from the beginning.
Blezakka, the successful Wookie pod racer, from Niskayuna
was in the number two spot.

In the initial leg of the race, Davo Veedo found himself
directly behind the racer of Pata Mulla, the four armed
Lathamite.  Glancing in his rear view mirror, Pata saw an
ideal opportunity and, holding on to his steering wheel
with one hand, reached for three full bottles of Saranac
Black and Tan and discreetly threw them back at Davo's head,
his left engine pod intake, and right engine pod intake.

Davo managed to duck, but the others promptly were ingested
into both engines with dramatic effect.  The engines
disintegrated in a blinding flash, taking Davo with them.

Blezakka, due to his increased height in his pod cockpit
to view the track, was able to power ahead to victory in a
three lap race.

2. Formula De

Dueling on the Long Beach course, Mr. Davis lost the
lead only twice to Los and Barclay.  In an amazing coincidence,
both Los and Barclay managed to destroy their race cars at the
3 stop turn at the end of the first straightaway.  Mr. Davis
powered ahead to victory.

3. FMA Pirates

As a native cannibal, chanting with Ted Arlauskas, "Ookla
Ookla Ookla Mok!"

And getting blown to pieces by the "boom sticks."

4. Hotel Brunswick

The Hotel Brunswick decided that they were in a superior
bargaining position with the ECC convention, submitted a
proposal for the 2002 convention to the committee.  Without
going into specific details, the terms were absolutely
unacceptable.

We called upon Senior VP Armin Jersinsky of the
Weyland-Yutani company (see below) to negotiate with the
Hotel and "convince" them of a more enlightened proposal.

After declining Weyland-Yutani's invitation to tour our
biowarfare research facilities, the hotel staff realized
their error and agreed to Mr. Jersinsky's counter proposal.

5. Nuke 'Em from Orbit

After his successful negotiations with the Brunswick
organization, Mr. Jersinsky returned to the Company facilities
to oversee a simple operation.

Mr. Barclay, who was unable to play in this game, graciously
offered his $5 volunteer rebate to any player who was able
to bring back Mr. Jersinsky's head.

After being threatened by two squads of marines controlled
by Mike Richie and Bryan Miller, Mr. Jersinsky overrode the
elevator controls and sent them to the basement level of the
complex for a brief (very brief) tour of our research.	The
xenos were delighted.

The $5 bounty was won by (I believe) by Mike Riddle, our Rookie
of the Year, in the following manner:

Having their squads blown apart, Bryan and Mike received,
respectively, four predators and Boba Fett.

Bryan was briefed on the Predator motivations and was particularly
intrigued by VaDis (the predator who was looking for redemption
by taking many Cha and himself to Paradise with Yiiiiiiiiii.....)

VaDis, if you recall from last year's convention, had heart wired
his nuclear device.  Therefore, it would detonate as soon as he
was killed.

VaDis was killed by Colonial marine gunfire on the middle level
of the complex.  Directly below where Mr. Jersinsky happened
to be standing on the upper level.

Thus, my character was killed at Ground Zero.

Mr. Barclay could not be more delighted.  From my perspective,
it was a better alternative than being shot in the head by Boba
Fett or tossed down the elevator shaft.  (Sorry, Mr. Richie.)

6. Making it home

I had planned on staying overnight at Stuart's in the Bronx for
a game of Sword and Flame.  After realizing the grave weather
situation in our area, I left for home at 9:30.  I reached
home (Praise God!) at 1:30 after a four hour drive to Albany.
I do not ever wish to repeat such a trip with the snow storm and
the severe amount of lack of sleep from the weekend.

Jon Davis

Prev: ECC ARR Next: Re: ECC IV: The $5 Bounty