Prev: Re: RE:Needle beams Next: Re: THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS? Now this!

FT-Close range combat

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 07:16:28 -0000
Subject: FT-Close range combat

Just a question to the others out there on the list. How often have your
games had a chance of the ships being within 3 mu of your opponents at
any
point in the game? I`m asking this, because after reading the latest HH
novel, I had a idea that energy weapons could have their dammage
increased
beyond the normal increased number of die as the range drops for realy
close
combat. My idea was that within 2 mu (for example) you roll the die as
normal, but the dammage is doubled for each dammage point (4,5,=2 dp,
6=4 +
reroll). Just a rough idea to increase the leathalaty of energy weapons
in
close combat (which hardly ever occures in my games, I think within 2 mu
only happened twice) just like in the HH novels.

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: RE:Needle beams Next: Re: THE BEGININGS OF DISRUPTORS? Now this!