Prev: Re: [OT] Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

Re: OUDF - Railguns??

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:16:26 -0800
Subject: Re: OUDF - Railguns??

> Wandering slighly off topic, when the UNSC ships came out, a lot of
> people looked at them and said 'spinal mount' - however, IIRC, the
> Islamic Federation Battleship looks like most of the front end of
the
> ship is 4 (or more) huge cannon - but AFAIK no-one has suggested
that it
> also mounts a spinal mount weapon - I wonder why?
>
> Charles

Number one, that thing on the bow is in the way of the "cannon".
Number two, I have been the noisiest advocate of the Islamic Fed, and
I didn't design one.
Number three, the general perception is, I believe, that the IF is
lower tech than the four Major Powers, and spinal guns ought to be
better, not worse.

Prev: Re: [OT] Next: Re: Wartime references for Aliens