Prev: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

Re: OUDF - Railguns??

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:54:47 GMT
Subject: Re: OUDF - Railguns??

In message <007801c0a038$0a856160$47e9893e@eve>
	  "Matthew Smith" <matt@smithdom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> With regard to my idea for railguns....
>
> > My suggestion, if you wish to continue with these is, either use 9
mu
> > range bands (0-9 mu: hit on 2+, 9-18 mu: hit on 3+, etc.), and use
K-gun
> > statistics with the MASS (and COST) doubled, or stick with your 12
mu
> > range bands and use K-guns with the MASS (and COST) multiplied by
about
> > 3 1/2. You could reduce the cost of a RG-1, and reduce its number of
> > arcs as well - say limit _all_ railguns to 1 fire arc only.
> >
> > You represent the 'long range/low damage' properties by limiting
> > yourself to RG-1 to RG-3s.
> >
> > Just an off-the-wall suggestion, anyway.
> >
> > Charles
>
> I think it's a really great suggestion. I have had one mail back (you
> probably got it too) telling me that my railguns were overpowered,
> especially the larger classes. Your suggestion could solve that
problem in
> one go. Thanks!!
>
> Matthew Smith

Glad you like it,

Wandering slighly off topic, when the UNSC ships came out, a lot of
people looked at them and said 'spinal mount' - however, IIRC, the
Islamic Federation Battleship looks like most of the front end of the
ship is 4 (or more) huge cannon - but AFAIK no-one has suggested that it
also mounts a spinal mount weapon - I wonder why?

Prev: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm