Prev: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle) Next: RE: Wartime references for Aliens

Re:[FT]WotW Needle beams

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:23:54 -0000
Subject: Re:[FT]WotW Needle beams

Charles Taylor wrote-

>I have considered that Needle Beams (and PDS) are in fact Laser weapons
>- this would explain the ability of both weapons to ignore screens
>(which are designed to stop particle beams - using the traditional
>Tuffleyverse PSB).

I use the same thought as in the starfire novels as for the PSB for
needle
beams, that they are actually VERY tightly focused partical beams (or in
FT
terms, beam bats). I prefere this, as it opens up posibilities for
different
weapons or systems (like the focusable Cl.3 bat). just my oppinion
(however
misguided<G>).

BIF
"yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW (Finish EMP, Start Needle) Next: RE: Wartime references for Aliens