Prev: [GZG ECC] Looking for a spaceship Next: RE:[FT]WotW Needle beams

Re: [OT]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:22:33 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT]

>Doug say:
>
>Just as a warning, folks who live there would point out that scotch is
>drink. It's Scot-Irish, or if you're wanting to hear even more
whinging,
>Scotish-Irish. ;->=
>
>[Tomb] Scots-Irish please. Scot-Irish sounds painful. Scotch is
something
>you drink. Scots are people you invite in for a drink. And the Irish...
>well, the world is still trying to figure out how to deal with them.
(I'm
>15/16th Scots descent, 1/16th Irish, and 100% Canadian).

Continuing to get OT, I recall many years ago an aged and learned
academic
(I think it was the late A.J.P. Taylor, actually) pointing out that
strictly and pedantically, the term "Scotch" IS the correct term for
referring to the natives of Scotland.... it's just that they don't like

Jon (GZG)

>Thomas Barclay
>Systems Analyst
>bitHeads, Inc.
>V: (613) 722 3232
>e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com
>
>"You are what you do, when it counts" -- the Masao, John Steakey's
Armour

Prev: [GZG ECC] Looking for a spaceship Next: RE:[FT]WotW Needle beams