Prev: Re: Frits AAR Next: Re: Powered Armor Reading List

Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:23:45 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

Andy Cowell wrote:

> Me, I mostly do 15mm, for the same reasons everybody else listed.  I
> primarily moved to 15mm just because it made SG2 feel better at that
> scale.  I never really realized how cramped 28mm+ figures felt until
> I moved to 15mm.  Price wasn't really why I started playing 15mm, but
> by god it's one of the reasons I stay!  I can buy SG2 squads for less
> than $4.00, and have an airbourne company (4 9 man squads and 4 VTOLs)
> for less than $30.00.  They also paint up quicker, allowing you to
> game with your figures much quicker.	I do love 15mm.

I'd always wanted to do SG2 in 15mm, the only reason I bought 25mm
figures originally was because there were no 15mm ones at that time. The
main reasons are space - as Andy says, 15mm feels less cramped; price -
an SG2 squad costs around the same as 3 25mm figures; and also the fact
that I have a large amount of scratchbuilt 15mm SF scenery I built some
years ago (in the days before marriage and kids, when I actually had
some spare time !). The main problem has always been figure
availability, which as far as I'm concerned Jon has entirely solved with
the new 15mm SG2 figures.

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: Frits AAR Next: Re: Powered Armor Reading List