Prev: Re: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US

Re: Wartime references for Aliens

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:03:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

The reason I thought of referring to them as Victor is along the same
line as why Charlie was picked for NVA, it's actually a name.  So it
actually fits into common talk,

"Looks like Victor vac'ed the space station.  Friggin Tuskers, they
don't give a rat's ass 'bout civilians, not like we do...."

It just works.	And as you can see fro mthe example, other nicknames
work in too just as several names were used for Vietnamese, Korean,
German, and even today Iraqi enemies.

I'd be interested to find out what, if any, names were attached to the
'enemy' in that whole Bosnian thing as you are dealign with a European
enemy once more.

Eli

P.S.  I wouldn't call Phalons "Dickies" either, that was more for the
sake of arguement.