Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: [OT] unsolicited testimonial

Re: Wartime references for Aliens

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:46:46 +0100
Subject: Re: Wartime references for Aliens

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@wattosjunkyard.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 7:03 PM
Subject: Wartime references for Aliens

> In every war we have those wonderfully colorful slanderous terms for
the
enemy.	In Vietnam, we had 'Charlie' and in WW2 it was the 'Krauts' and
"Gerry".  In modern times we've had others.  now I know none of these is
very cool in an enlightened social sense, but they are present in every
war.

> Has anyone given any thought to what the aliens and governments might
be
called in the Tufflyverse?

> Would Kr'Vak be called "Kilo-Victor" and referred to as "Victor"

Sounds too friendly to me, also 'Victor' means 'The Winner' in Latin,
not a
name you want to give your enemy :-)

How about 'Krocs' as a take both on their name and appearance ?
Should also work in various other human languages

Greetings

Prev: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm Next: Re: [OT] unsolicited testimonial