Prev: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US

Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:27:14 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] Getting out of 25mm

Daniel.Casquilho@exchange.corp.disney.com wrote:

>	  Stuart made me think, some of the others I know have started
to get
> out of 25/28mm scale and are moving to 10/15mm.
>
>	  Is this a trend overall or just in the Los Angeles area?
>
>	  If it is overall what are the reasons? Cost, Figure
availability?

>	  Just curious what is the hobby trend.

Well up here in Victoria BC we all play with 10/15mm. We started that
way. The costs are way lower per unit and it plays better on the table.
25/28mm are too big for the table sizes you end up playing on, they get
clumped together and scales for building start getting whacked. I mean
when a building is 2 range bands long, how realistic is that? And think
of some of the vehicles. If you get a large tank that can be a rangband
long, just looks and feels wierd.

As for figure availability I thinks it's less. I can find more,
interesting stuff in 25/28mm then in 10/15mm for sci fi infantry and
1/72 vehicles are easier to find then HO and 10/15mm stuff. Trying to
find good tanks for 10/15mm is hard. I'd really like to see the GZG
stuff come out in 15mm. I love the look of the Hoplite (hint hint Jon)

Personally I think 25/28mm is better for skirmish level games then for
platoon level ones.

Prev: RE: Wartime references for Aliens Next: Re: [OT] Enemy at the Gates - March 16 in US